28 August 2007

Chris' Interview - Andrew Kaiser

It seems like I keep talking about Chris' Blog, Univers d'Artistes. Well I didn't have an intent to post today, but I read the interview for photog Andrew Kaiser of Absolute Reality Studios (posted 28 August), and could most certainly identify with his sentiments when he wasn't shooting:

"If I go more then three days without doing a photo shoot I normally become a very irritable person. My friends laugh at me about this all the time. I love shooting pictures more then anything else. It can be as relaxing as a trip to a day spa, and as exciting as a rollercoaster. I have a very hard time imagining what my life would be like without it."

When I am shooting, I feel like I am right where I belong. When I am not shooting, I am thinking about shooting. I was talking with one of my models just yesterday. I noticed I had a propensity to direct the conversation toward something dealing with photo. I made a deliberate point to change the topic so as not to dominate the dialogue with photography. It didn't work. I asked her about her trip to LA. She spoke briefly on it, and I was already commenting about how I'd like to do a shoot where she had visited. I realized my fault and apologized. She was gracious enough to make me feel better by claiming that she, in fact, was also going to mention to me about shooting there. Maybe it was the truth or maybe she was being nice. My point remains; I readily identify with Andrew Kaiser's sentiments. Its like a drug and I am waiting for my next fix. Is this a bad thing? Who's to say. I just need to shoot, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment