06 September 2011

Between Labor Day and Halloween


Summer is starting to draw to a close and before you know it, you're going to be surprised that Christmas is just around the corner. September and October usually blur past for me. The time between Labor Day and Halloween is often fast-forwarded before I realize I'm staring down the throat of November and the year's end. Often times, its at this point that I'm looking back over the year trying to figure out what I've done and evaluating my life for the year. Did I do what I set out to do? Am I further along now than this time last year? What's around the corner for me in the upcoming year? And finally, what am I doing for New Year's?


Model Melissa
So am I alone here or what? I'm guessing I'm not that unique in this regard. So here is my challenge to myself and I'd like to extend that same out to you. Instead of letting September and October blow by, let's slow it down a bit. Let's ask of ourselves all those November questions NOW and then actually answer them AND address them. If we haven't met our goals, why not and what can be done in these two months to meet them? I'm willing to bet that a lot can be done in these two months if we stop with the distractions and just get to work for a bit. And another trick I'll throw at you, how about getting Christmas shopping out of the way early? Like, NOW! Make the holidays easier for yourself. Get to work for the next 60 days with some measurable progress along with some early holiday prep. This way you coast into the season feeling better about entering the new year AND you feel better about yourself having accomplished what it was you set out to do in 2011.

Model Melissa
I mean, its just an idea. For myself, I know I could use a diversion and some better focus for my stress. August was kind of a ball-buster. Between my car issues (which seem to be better, by the way) and now computer issues... I'm going nuts. Most times my computer is working well, but as soon as I get really deep into something, it starts freezing up and I get a "display driver has stopped responding but has recovered" error message and its kicking my ass. I've updated chipset and display drivers, ran registry cleaners and virus scans, a system restore, and installed a new graphics card. I've checked the web and see many people in forums having the same issue, but no one solution seems to solve it. I'm really hoping I don't have to do a complete system dump and re-install windows. If anybody's got some solutions, I'm running an Intel Core 2 Quad processor on a 64-bit Windows 7 operating system, 8GBs of RAM, with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX250 graphics card pushing a 25" monitor that I've had for almost 9 months now. So any help would be appreciated.

But back to my point.. I'm just telling you how I plan to spend the next two months. I have a few things in play that I hope will take me where I want to go and get me what I need, but its going to take a little hustle, some studying, some prayer, and a lot of reading/researching. All focused on answering those aforementioned questions. My goal is to learn, learn, learn...make connections and figure some things out. You might need to try to inspire yourself to spark some motivation to get going. Whatever you gotta do, make it happen. I'm on a mission. I hope you can be with me on this.

On another note, I'll be having breakfast with good friend Dave Rudin in a few days and this time my Vegas-bud and fellow photog, Dave Proctor will be joining us. Next month, I finally get to meet, your fave and mine,  Dave Levingston! Everybody knows DaveL, so I'm excited about that. The dude's a legend in nude photo art. Enjoy these shots of Model Melissa! And be sure to check out her Blog, CLOTHING OPTIONAL!



4 comments:

  1. No, T, you're not alone here. I've been seeing Halloween stuff already. It shocked me yesterday to see people submitting Halloween art to dA groups. Downtown the Halloween decorations are already in store windows! Yipes! And yes, next comes the Christmas stuff.

    I will always wonder why people can't live more in the moment and stop living ahead six months.

    Enjoy the Dave's!!!! Good people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween? Already? I'm one of those types that hate seeing Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving!

    "Enjoy the Daves"... I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like if you're name is Dave, you got some skills! Thanks for the mention and for pimping my blog... I don't have nearly the dedication to it that you have to yours, but I try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're one of my top all-time models. Of course I'd pimp you!

    ReplyDelete