14 April 2010

Getting Some Time Away...Thanks To Some Good Friends

"A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water." 
- Carl Reiner




Okay, so anything look a little different? Come on, guess! Yep, I've modernized my blog design a bit, but I'm not done yet. This is just one modification to kick things off, but its not my end design.



Last week was full of doctor visits getting poked and prodded every single day except for last Monday. I didn't get much of anything done from being in pain for one thing or another, but mainly this trick knee. As my last post detailed, I had some focusing issues. Well, maybe God saw fit to help me out a bit, cause a few friends from my church got me to go out to the Las Vegas 51's baseball home opener last Thursday. I did NOT want to go, but wasn't doing a darn thing when a friend basically told me she was coming to pick me up. So I went. Met some interesting new people, got antagonized and harassed by some kids who seemed to take to me fairly well, and watched the 51's beat a Utah team, 7-3. After the game, there was a tremendous firework display that seemed to last a half hour.



The next morning I went to Zion on a whim with my friend John who was also looking to get away. He pretty much negated every excuse I could muster. It was a good trip. We started out early and got back late. The Narrows was closed due to high water volumes, which was expected because of all the new snow melt. The water was very muddy and I wouldn't have wanted to be in it anyway, not to mention COLD. Being a Saturday, it was crowded as expected. People still walked the mile from the drop-off point just to watch the water. I was amazed at how many people had never seen a squirrel or a deer before. For a brief moment we thought about doing Angel's landing. I'm in need of updating some of my landscape work, but that notion was quickly put to rest when I started feeling the knee. I've got to get some new hiking shoes as well. My toes were rubbing in my boots which are just a bit too large. All in all, it was a good day. We stopped off at my favorite joint, the Cracker Barrel on the way back and for the first time, I had something other than either the pancakes or the Sourdough French toast. They had a grilled fish and shrimp dinner that was pretty darn good.

What's next? I don't know yet. Taking it day by day right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment