Microfracture procedure on my knee, whereby you drill small holes into the larger pot-hole that's already at the end of my femur. This is supposed to encourage bone/cartilage growth to fill in the hole naturally. THAT's the part that takes so long. Weight-bearing activities such as "walking", can prohibit the bone growth. So 6 to 8 weeks ON CRUTCHES is what's prescribed.
I simply had no clue and didn't understand that I'd be on crutches this long. SIX to EIGHT weeks! Wow. I simply cannot get that out of my mind. That possibly puts me all the way out to mid-March! I've already had to postpone two projects to the end of March. I don't know if you realize it, but that also means postponing getting paid til the end of March. Which simply means I gotta slow down spending big time. Personal projects have also been postponed. My continued work with Panda is having to be delayed as well. And I have a couple other models whom I thought I'd be working with around the first week of Feb, that I've had to simple cancel til further notice.
The good thing is that I just have to get through this doing the right things. Its believed that I get another 10 to 15 years of "good knee" time, instead of what I've been dealing with over the last decade. Two months for 10 years. Not a bad trade. To my understanding, this 2 months doesn't include rehabilitation time. I won't find that out til next week. I had 10 weeks rehab for my hand last year. I read in one place where full recovery might not be expected for 6 months! So this'll be interesting.
Karl of "Looking About" blog has reposted an interview he did of me a few years ago. After a look back on that time period, I sort of wonder what my answers might be today and if any of them have changed. Not much would be different, I presume. I think I'd answer the same in about 27 of them at least. Its a good reflection because I was definitely in two different places in 2010 vs today. I was coming out of some pretty hard months in oh-10 and even the 3 years before then. In fact, I think it may even be time for another "Interview of Self" like what I did a long time ago in 2008.
- What is your favorite word? Altruism
- What is your least favorite word? Normal
- What turns you on? A naked woman
- What turns you off? Clothes!....kidding...People who don't take responsibility for themselves and pass the blame.
- What sound or noise do you love? Bacon sizzling in the morning would be the least crass answer
- What sound or noise do you hate? Its a tie between a high-pitched nagging voice and an alarm clock
- What is your favorite curse word? Fuck
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Probably acting, but I used to dream about playing football
- What profession would you not like to do? There are plenty but I'm going with Nursing. I've got much respect for them, but its not my gift.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Come on....Get your butt on in here!
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Traveling the world with boundless resources and a model that I photograph everywhere, all the time
- What is your greatest fear? I honestly can't say I have one. I mean, I certainly don't want to be eaten by an alligator or fall from the empire state building but they are not fears of mine that I think about all the time.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? Galileo Galilei, just because he's the only person I can think of who was also misunderstood.
- Which living person do you most admire? Other than family....Billy Graham, Chris St. James, and Bill Cosby (How can you stick with just one?)
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Procrastination
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Lack of integrity
- What is your greatest extravagance? I spent $400 on comic books once, but I've since sold my collection and not bought another since 1994, I think.
- On what occasion do you lie? When I have to take into account someone else's feelings and the truth is not worth the heartache or when I need to be polite because I need the business.
- What do you dislike most about your appearance? I'm actually cool with myself. If I had to say any one thing its that I look mean when I am not smiling.
- When and where were you happiest? Christmas at Mama Carrie's as a kid
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I'd be kinder to people and more understanding
- If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? Me. That's all I have control over.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Jeremy and Cassie
- If you died and came back as a person or thing what do you think it would be? As a person: A white female, just so I could experience the opposite of my current self. As far as a thing, I'd want to be a star just for the billions of years galactic experience
- What is your most treasured possession? My faith
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? A disapproval of yourself because of someone else's opinion
- Who are your heroes in real life? My Mother
- What is it that you most dislike? A coward
- How would you like to die? Old age preferably, but if not, then on my feet in a way that makes it count
- What is your motto? Stay alert, Stay alive! Hooooah!