13 December 2008

Passing of a Legend...Bettie Page



"I was never one who was squeamish about nudity. I don't believe in being promiscuous about it, but several times I thought of going to a nudist colony." - Bettie Page


You all know of my affinity for models, especially art nude models. Well yesterday, history recorded the passing of an icon. Bettie Page is finally at rest at the age of 85. There are few who didn't know of her to some degree and her signature bangs are still imitated even today. Anytime you think of pin-up, Bettie Page comes to mind first. I had known of her work with Bunny Yeager, but I hadn't known much else about the iconic figure until a few years ago when "The Notorious Bettie Page" came out, played by Gretchen Mol. Superb film. Until then, I had never known how troubled and oft times tragic, her life was.

I think I'll let this post stand as is for today and leave it as a standing tribute to a titan of a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment